This is a video interview that I was very excited to do. If you don't know who Brandt Page from Launch Leads is, check out his company at: LaunchLeads.com
Brandt is one of those people who knows how to sell. He doesn't have to use devilish sales tricks to manipulate people. He simply connects with them and helps them to solve a problem. As you sell your products or services, this is the best quality you can have. When you set aside your sales hat and put on your problem solving hat, you become valuable to your audience.
In the video interview, we talk about the following key points:
1. What is the best thing a small business owner can do to prospect and find new business? Brandt talks about the 100 call method and why it is so powerful. Make sure to take notes on this one as he talks. If you're struggling to find new customers, this tip alone will jump start your business in just 1 week.
2. How do you ask for the close without blowing the deal? During a sales pitch, most if not all sales people freeze up when it comes time to asking for the close. Brandt gives us a few tips on how to get through the close with our noses clean.
3. What is the role of the CEO in his or her company's selling effort? Learn why the CEO should be the best rep for the whole company.
4. What do you say to the CEO when you get him or her on the phone? If you are a business owner, you have probably been called by sales people before. Does it bug you when they call? Brandt teaches us how to reduce some of that friction so that the experience is respectful and efficient.
Let's watch the interview and glean as much as we can to help us improve our selling techniques:
Funny things to notice during the interview:
- See if you can spot Brandt's cell phone ring as he is talking.
- Watch out for the waitress who interrupts the video interview. The best part was that she didn't care. She just kept talking about the bill. Fantastic!
As I watched this video again, there were a lot of things that I gleaned from it. Here are some of the nuggets that I thought were very valuable:
- You don't need a huge budget to start selling. All you need to do is pick up the phone. For some reason, business owners feel like they need $10,000 a month in ad spending to make a difference. You don't. All you need to do is open your mouth and that is pretty cheap these days.
- Nobody likes to cold call. However, it's a great way to connect with your audience and it's free.
- On the first call, never try to close - especially if it is a business 2 business call.
- You shouldn't hire an outside sales guy until you have achieved $1 million in sales yourself. Doing so forces you to create a sales system that future sales guys can use. If also forces you to prove yourself.
- To get daily motivation for your sales needs, check out justsell.com
- The CEO must be the best sales person in the company.
About Launch Leads:
Launch aligns its sales process with yours. They begin with a targeted lead list of your potential prospects. Their people dial the leads aided by fabulous technology with one goal in mind — to have a peer-to-peer conversation with decision makers who meet your criteria. They are based in the United States, all under one roof — their people, systems and processes.
When they connect with decision makers who meet your criteria, they schedule a telephone appointment for you. They coordinate the lead's calendar with yours, they call to remind the lead and they e-mail the lead the day of the appointment so they show up as agreed. If the lead misses their appointment with you for whatever reason, they reschedule at no cost to you. You only pay for phone appointments that hold and meet your criteria.
For additional information on how Ignite Spot's Outsourced Accounting services can help you grow your business - click "Learn More" below.